Friday, November 11, 2016

Veteran's Day 2016

Today is my mother’s 94th birthday -- I can hardly believe I’m typing that number!

She is also a veteran, having served in World War 2, as a nurse in the Women’s Army Corps. Her story is archived at the Women In Military Service For America Memorial located at the gateway to Arlington Cemetery, where my father is buried. He served in the Army for 29 years.

My family is among the millions who are remembering Veterans today – both living and dead. We mourn their loss and rejoice in the presence of those who are still with us. For all of them though, we feel nothing but gratitude for their service.

Regardless of any election results angst happening this week, we remain a blessed nation.

Today we honor sacrifices made and lives continuing to be given for the freedoms we possess.

Let us stand today in the sacredness of their gifts.

Dr.K

No comments:

Post a Comment