Monday, June 13, 2016

Out of Respect

Today I'm not going to do a regular post.

I am an Orlando resident, and the tragedy of yesterday's shooting has profoundly affected all of us here.

Somehow, it seems more respectful today to acknowledge what has happened, and to use this opportunity to join my voice with others who speak for peace.

My prayers are with all of the victims who are fighting for their lives, for the families who are already mourning, for the police and first responders, for the medical teams, for our city, for our community.

Prayers for . . . 

light in darkness
comfort in grief
wisdom in confusion
pardon for injury
hope in despair.

We have yet to know the magnitude of how this terrible act will touch our lives here; it will only be revealed in the days to come.
#prayfororlando

It is also my prayer that through it all, love will rule.

 DrK

No comments:

Post a Comment